[mdt-ocl.dev] OCL End User SDK feature

Hello team,

During the last M6 build I realized about a potential problem concerning our release train contribution, which could impact to downstream project .

As you know we have to separate builds which are expected to contribute Eclipse OCL project artifacts at different time frames. Currently:

At +1, the Core SDK and its included  features are built and published in our milestones repository
At +3, the remaining features (including OCL End User SDK and Examples) are built and published in our milestones repository.

On the other hand, the features which we contribute to the release train are "OCL End User SDK" and "Examples". This means that we are not really contributing any content to the release train until +3... which could be very dangerous.

Our releng infrastructure makes sense and all should be fine as long as our downstream projects use our milestones repository to do their milestones builds. However, there do exist a potential problem since they could be using a different repository, i.e the release train staging one, to do the their builds, so that they may be making a contribution, let's say at +2, which could be broken when we do our +3 contribution.

So in order to avoid future problems with our downstream projects and giving that the OCL End User SDK doesn't have any dependency on a +2 project I suggest moving such a feature back to our Core (+1) build.

Comments ?

Best regards,
Adolfo.
--