Re: [mdt-ocl.dev] LPGv2 migration status

Hi Adolfo

QVTo is tightly coupled like QVTd to the OCL parser, and QVTo has very limited committer resources so we must supply a complete (including generated files) patch so that QVTo can just Apply Patch and go. (I'll do QVTd). When you're ready, please raise a QVTo bug for the patch blocked by the OCL bug. Since QVTo must catch up, the two phases (LPG2 and refactoring) must appear as a single change to HEAD. So we will need the branch for review, but at least there should now not be concurrent parser changes. However the Token package import is in numerous places, so it may be a good idea to the refactoring first so that it can be reviewed, the migration has already been +1'd subject to Orbit.

I can concentrate on the evaluator, registry and QVTd builds for a couple of weeks, but I cannot leave the analyzer and environments for long. It would help to have an estimate timescale for
a) LPG 2 in Orbit
b) LPG 2 usage visible on branch
c) LPG 2 refactoring visible on branch
If LPG 2 is 'guaranteed' to be in Orbit for M5 , OCL and QVTo build maps can temporarily reference SourceForge.

    Ed

Adolfo Sánchez-Barbudo Herrera wrote:
Hi Team,

The LPGv2.0.17 migration (phase 1) is nearly completed:
- The most important issue is pending: IP approval. It's supposed to be started by Robert Fuhrer today (I have delegated this task to him since he has some experience with previous LPGv2.0.x CQs).
- I have migrated the current state of the MDT-OCL grammars to acomodate LPGv2. I did it from scratch (following some guidelines I made) since a lot of grammar changes have been made after I did the migration in the experimental branch.
- I have created the new Orbit bundle (in my workspace) and some other files modification so that LPGv2 is integrated into Orbit. The new bundle will be called net.sourceforge.lpg.runtime.java
- All this stuff will be committed as soon as IP approval is granted and when M4 is released.
- I have created a simple migration guide for extending languages. I hope to improve it when the phase2 is done. http://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT/OCL/MDT-OCL_3.0.0_Migration_Guide#LPG_v2_migration

Regards,
Adolfo.

--