[mdt-ocl.dev] Patches are not being reviewed

Hi Folks

We have a problem with our current approval process that is making it very difficult for me to proceed.

Bug 288040 OCL 2.1 grammar precedence rule changes

has a patch awaiting +1 since 2-September. On 21-September, Adolfo commented

"As it has been manifested, I (we) shouldn't delay too much patches's revision,
since we make the assignee waste time. I hope to respond earlier in future
bugs."

Bug 184048 OCLLPGParser.g grammer incorrectly defines 'if' _expression_

has a patch awaiting +1 since 19-September.

Bug 259031
Provide support for oclType() operation per OMG OCL 2.1 RTF

has a patch awaiting +1 since 13-September.

Bug 254919
JUnit tests are difficult to run

has a patch awaiting +1 since 14-September

-----

Re Adolfo's comment in 288040 "Is there any chance to do the modifications yourself, and uploading it again ?."
The answer is a very firm No. I already have to do all the work twice. Once to develop it, and again to apply it
once approval is granted; intervening parser changes seem to trash a lot as Adolfo has discovered. I cannot
be expected to do it again each time a reviewer has time to review. The reviewer must review promptly or
recreate the project as at the time of submission. (Maybe we should make three-way compare work in
the Apply Patch dialog.)

------------------------------------

Suggestion:

For each project area (parser, library, evaluator, validator, tests etc), we designate a primary committer and a secondary
committer.

Patches are to be reviewed by at least either primary or secondary committer (usually the other one) within 7 days,
unless an 'out-of-contact' period has been notified to mdt-ocl-dev in which case the period extends to
7 days + 'out-of-contact' period with a maximum of 21 days. At the end of this approval timeout, in the absence
of a constructive -1, approval is automatic. Not more than 15 days 'out-of-contact' per committer per quarter.

    Regards

       Ed Willink

Back to the top