[mdt-ocl.dev] Making useful progress

Hi All

Some collaboration ideas

CVS integrity
-------------

When Christian moderated CVS constributions, he was able to ensure
very few accidents as a result of his diligence and knowledge.

The new committers have much less experience, so I suggest that all
enhancements other than simple fixes be performed in CVS branches
and announced as ready 2 weeks prior to a milestone so that at least
one other committer can review them prior to merging into HEAD.

Communication
-------------

I know that Adolfo is keen on IM. I'm not a fan of IM, though maybe
I'm not familiar with a good tool.

I find a two way live text interaction very unsatisfactory. I would expect a 3 or 4
way to be even worse. You gain a little in an ability to correct misconceptions
quickly but lose dreadfully from an ability to express thoughts clearly.

When we have an agenda of topics that need close discussion maybe. I would much
prefer to extend Bugzilla conversations for now.

Plans
-----

I suggest we produce a list of the Bugzillas and see who volunteers
for some, and who can be persuaded to do other important ones.

API changes

We should try to identify what API changes we are considering as soon
as possible and ensure that they are available for discussion on this
the mdt-ocl.dev list, with some references from the NewsGroup for
anything controversial.

    Regards

        Ed Willink

Back to the top