[mdt-ocl.dev] Re: A question about plugin versions....

Hi, Adolfo,

This is a good question for the OCL dev mailing list, so I copy my reply there.  I am assuming that you are subscribed to that list ...  :-)

The org.eclipse.ocl.ecore plug-in requires Ecore 2.5 because it extends the Ecore metamodel.  This is a rather tight coupling with a dependency that can change in ways that are incompatible with subclasses, not to mention that the practice of extending Ecore is explicitly not supported by the EMF project.  So, this is akin to using the internal API of a dependency and necessitates keeping in locked step with the dependency's version.

Can you use IMP in an Eclipse 3.4 workbench that has an Eclipse 3.5 PDE Target?

Cheers,

Christian