[mdt-bpmn2.dev] SubProcess as InteractionNode

Dear Community,

recently I started to model BPMN 2.0 models in Eclipse with the MDT BPMN2.0 Modeler. Importing my own models I realized, that a MessageFlow between SubProcesses causes a problem (IllegalValueException). Looking at the cause it seems to be a ClassCastException: org.eclipse.bpmn2.impl.SubProcessImpl cannot be cast to org.eclipse.bpmn2.InteractionNode.

If I understand the problem correctly, the message flow in MDT BPMN2.0 Modeler is not allowed between subprocesses, but from the published BPMN 2.0 Beta 2 (dtc/2010-06-04) it is possible for all kind of activities: depicted in the table 7.4 on page 44 and documented on page 124. For this reason the meta-model on page 123 would also be erroneous (it states only the Task as InteractionNode).

Regards,
Anne

Dipl. Inf. Anne Baumgraß
Research and Teaching Assistent

WU - Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien
Vienna University of Economics and Business Institute for Information Systems and New Media

UZA II, Augasse 2-6, A-1090 Vienna, Austria

Back to the top