[mdmbl-dev] openMDM API

Hello everyone,

I’d like to inform you about the decisions taken by the members of the architecture committee on October 13, 2017:

Versioning

We’ll have to cope with the version dilemma – mismatch between the version information used in the jar files (1.0) and the one for the current releases (0.8) – until the version 1 is released.

Downloads

As long as openMDM is in incubation phase, the default links (e.g. Download on openmdm.org) can’t point to a released software package. With the first official release they’ll work as expected. But the project specific links will be changed now to start a download directly (e.g. software or pdf documents).

Version ranges in build scripts

All dependencies (3rd party libraries) should be declared with a fixed version. A Bugzilla issue was created to fix the currently known version ranges.

Details can be found in the attached meeting notes.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions

Best Regards

Stefan Ebeling

BMW Group
Stefan Ebeling

Group IT – Produktziele, Versuch (FG-45)

Bremer Straße 6

80807 München

Postanschrift:

80788 München

Tel.: +49 89 382 75 756

Mail: stefan.ebeling@xxxxxx
Web: http://www.bmwgroup.com/

Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
Board of Management: Harald Krüger (Chairman),
Milagros Caiña Carreiro-Andree, Markus Duesmann,
Klaus Fröhlich, Nicolas Peter, Ian Robertson,
Peter Schwarzenbauer, Oliver Zipse.
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Norbert Reithofer
Registered in Germany: München HRB 42243