Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. April 2022 um 16:01 Uhr
Von: "ilya Basin" <basinilya@xxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: [m2e-users] Where does System.err of Maven plugin go?
Hi List.
I'm trying to debug the error (not reproducible with command line maven):

JAXB errors arose while SchemaGen compiled sources to XML. (org.codehaus.mojo:jaxb2-maven-plugin:2.3.1:schemagen:schemagen:generate-resources)

org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: JAXB errors arose while SchemaGen compiled sources to XML.
at org.codehaus.mojo.jaxb2.schemageneration.AbstractXsdGeneratorMojo.performExecution(AbstractXsdGeneratorMojo.java:385)

According to
https://github.com/mojohaus/jaxb2-maven-plugin/blob/a52f6c270f28753b4d92b71e36e629ad2c3a7ad8/src/main/java/org/codehaus/mojo/jaxb2/schemageneration/AbstractXsdGeneratorMojo.java#L411
it calls com.sun.tools.jxc.SchemaGenerator.run()

and according to the decompilation of SchemaGenerator$Runner it should print the errors to System.err before returning false:

/* 243 */ boolean res = task.call().booleanValue();
/* */
/* 245 */ for (Diagnostic<? extends JavaFileObject> d : diagnostics.getDiagnostics()) {
/* 246 */ System.err.println(d.toString());
/* */ }
/* 248 */ return res;

I tried to run eclipsec.exe and I also checked the .log file in the Eclipse Workspace, but nothing is printed there. I also attached a debugger ti Eclipse, but the main Eclipse process doesn't load the above classes. Looks like m2e forks.