Re: [m2e-users] Why does Eclipse's Maven Integration not memorize my settings.xml setting?

This issue is driving me bonkers!

EACH and EVERY time I restart Eclipse the value of Preferences -> Maven -> User Settings is again pointing to <HOME>\.m2\settings.xml, while for my current project it has to point to a specific settings-file that defines repos, env-vars, profiles and what not. With the wrong settings file when I build my project I always get 5000+ compile errors.

Why does this field keep changing all the time???

Yes - I have reported this a couple of months ago and only got answers that essentially said "works for me", i.e. the setting is kept with the project. But that is obviously not true or not working here in my case.

Where is that setting kept in the eclipse workspace? I mean: in which file? I am considering making this file write-protected so that it can't change any more. Or can one script that somehow that after Eclipse's startup the first thing that happens is that this Preference's value is overwritten again? Or any idea what other tool or approach might help me to bolt down this field's value?

Regards,

Michael