Re: [m2e-users] Add nature and builder during import

Yes it  is possible.  However to do so you need to have an Eclipse plugin that registers a maven project configurator that will be hooked into the lifecycle of the m2e project import process.   See here: https://www.eclipse.org/m2e/documentation/m2e-extension-development.html

For an example you can see my own company's eclipse plugin where we use this API to "configure" liferay projects with a liferay facet (but you could just as simply add a nature).

So you can make this "configure" logic as complex or dependent on the project being imported as you like.