[m2e-users] ClassNotFoundException with m2e-wtp in Eclipse on republish

Hello everybody,
I don't know if this is the correct list or m2e-wtp-dev (there seems to be no m2e-wtp-users list).

We're using Eclipse 4.5.1 with m2e 1.6.2 and m2e-wtp 1.2.1 for deploying a multi-module webapp to a Tomcat 8 server.

We have enabled "Serve modules without publishing" and "Modules auto reload by default" in the server's configuration in Eclipse.

When we start the server the webapp comes up normally, but after the first code change & recompile in a dependent module the server tries to republish and throws ClassNotFoundException for every class we defined as listener in our web.xml, in special these are

org.springframework.web.util.Log4jConfigListener
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
org.eclipse.rap.rwt.engine.RWTServletContextListener
and some custom listeners, but all of them are in the classpath, because the first start or restart of the server via "play button" in Eclipse works fine.

Has anyone any hint where to look further?

Best regards

Frank

Back to the top