Re: [m2e-users] Connection refusal connecting to nexus from eclipse luna, while successful in kepler

further info:  Switching in Eclipse to use the command line installation of Maven on my system, rather than the Embedded version default also makes the problem go away.  So the question appears to be:
What is wrong with the embedded Maven included in Luna.  The working Kepler version also uses its own embedded Maven, which does not have the problem.