[m2e-users] m2e hanging at 65% (aka Aether locking)

We have a similar setup with over 300 projects and many inter-project dependencies. And we are experiencing performance issues.

Saving a java file causes heaps of other projects to be "refreshed" and this makes eclipse unusable for that period. Refreshing all projects takes minutes. When it only takes under 20 secs in the eclipse-world.

When having those projects as just eclipse projects, the performance is more than adequate. We are running on SSD drives, so IO should't be an issue.

It seems this plugin works well when there are only limited number of projects in the workspace. As soon as we have lots of projects, it becomes unusable.

Back to the top