Re: [m2e-users] 533 MB in .plugins/org.eclipse.m2e.core/nexus directory

About network consumption, we're talking  about an initial 150MB index download per workspace, then incremental updates once a week.
As for the inter-process file locks, I'm curious to know how Intellij and Netbeans solved that issue.

Anyways, the plan is to get rid of the whole nexus index altogether, because it's a PITA to maintain, Igor already mentioned it several times I guess.
The idea is to move to a "simple" rest client that'd perform remote searches to, say, search.maven.org (or some other service).
Can't give any ETA for that feature though.

Fred