[m2e-users] Skinnywars support

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a project that depends heavily on the skinnyWars feature
of the maven-ear-plugin: http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/examples/skinny-wars.html . The war has over 200 dependencies, of which
about 180 have to be moved to the ear. When I deploy this ear to WildFly from
Eclipse, the jars are not removed from the war. They end up in the deployment
twice (both in the ear and the war). This results in all kinds of deployment
errors. An ear built from the commandline, does not have this problem.

All I could find about this is
https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MECLIPSEWTP-222 , but this project seems to
be abandoned. Is skinnyWars support known to be broken, or did I do something
wrong?

Best regards,
Emond Papegaaij

Back to the top