Re: [m2e-users] "Permission denied" problem markers on POM

m2e-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 07/16/2013 12:24:46 AM:

> From: Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> To: m2e-users@xxxxxxxxxxx,
> Date: 07/16/2013 12:25 AM
> Subject: Re: [m2e-users] "Permission denied" problem markers on POM
> Sent by: m2e-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I have not heard of this problem before. Are you sure the error markers
> are created by m2e and not some other tool(s) you have installed? Is the
> problem reproducseable with m2e installed on fresh/clean eclipse
> distribution from download.eclipse.org?
>
> On 2013-07-16 1:11 AM, Jeffrey E Care wrote:
> > All:
> >
> > Several members of my team are seeing "Permission denied" problem
> > markers on pom.xml files. I did some searching on the web, but had no
> > luck finding anything similar. FWIW, the markers don't seem to cause any
> > problems.
> >
> > We've seen this on m2e version 1.2 through the current 1.4

The marker type is "Maven Configuration Problem" so I'm fairly certain that it's coming from m2e.

I just heard this morning from a colleague that this problem is due to permission/umask problems on /tmp/fakerepo ? I've never even heard of that directory until today. I searched through the m2e code but could not find a reference to it.

My team is using multi-user systems with shared Eclipse binaries. As such a static location like /tmp/fakerepo is likely to cause issues. Is there some way to make this location unique per user?

Back to the top