Re: [m2e-users] Handling Unknown packaging type in config

On Jun 17, 2013, at 9:33 AM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> m2e does not need to know about project packaging types, so something
> else is going on for your projects. Unfortunately I can't tell anything
> more specific without knowing m2e version and exact error marker you get.

m2e is :

m2e - Maven Integration for Eclipse	1.3.1.20130219-1424	org.eclipse.m2e.feature.feature.group	Eclipse.org - m2e

And it's Eclipse Juno SR2 with everything updated.

And the project error in workspace is:

Project build error: Unknown packaging: container-plugin	pom.xml	/TestBundle	line 15	Maven pom Loading Problem

Here is the META-INF/plexus/components.xml of the plugin that provides that packaging type. (I have replaced company specific stuff with foo.bar here to be on the safe side). It is an OSGI bundle building plugin:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<component-set>
  <components>
    <component>
      <role>org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMapping</role>
      <role-hint>container-plugin</role-hint>
      <implementation>
        org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.DefaultLifecycleMapping
      </implementation>
      <configuration>

        <phases>
          <process-resources>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:resources</process-resources>
          <generate-sources>foo.bar.osgi:bundle-plugin:generateSources</generate-sources>
          <compile>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:compile</compile>
          <process-test-resources>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:testResources</process-test-resources>
          <test-compile>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:testCompile</test-compile>
          <test>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:test</test>

          <package>
              foo.bar.osgi:bundle-plugin:generate-osgi-manifest,
              foo.bar.osgi:bundle-plugin:assemble-container-plugin
          </package>
          <install>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:install</install>
          <deploy>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:deploy</deploy>
        </phases>

      </configuration>
    </component>

    <component>
      <role>org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.ArtifactHandler</role>
      <role-hint>container-plugin</role-hint>
      <implementation>
        org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.DefaultArtifactHandler
      </implementation>
      <configuration>
        <type>container-plugin</type>
        <extension>jar</extension>
        <language>java</language>
        <addedToClasspath>true</addedToClasspath>
      </configuration>
    </component>

  </components>
</component-set>

I also include the META-INF/m2e/lifecycle-mapping-metadata.xml for the same plugin:

<lifecycleMappingMetadata>
  <pluginExecutions>
    <pluginExecution>
      <pluginExecutionFilter>
        <goals>
          <goal>generateSources</goal>
        </goals>
      </pluginExecutionFilter>
      <action>
        <execute>
          <runOnIncremental>false</runOnIncremental>
          <runOnConfiguration>true</runOnConfiguration>
        </execute>
      </action>
    </pluginExecution>
  </pluginExecutions>