[m2e-users] Resolve dependencies from workspace projects: classifier resolution not working

Greetings,
I have project A which pulls dependencies from an Eclipse P2 repo via Tycho maven plugin, and it packages these dependencies with emflib classifier during packaging. Project A's pom has eclipse-plugin packaging.
Project B is the master pom container, that declares a dependency on A as follows;

<dependencies>
      <dependency>
          <groupId>com.arikan</groupId>
          <artifactId>p2tests</artifactId>
          <version>0.0.1</version>
          <classifier>emflib</classifier>
      </dependency>
  </dependencies>

Finally project C declares B as its parent, and uses classes from the repackaged jar from A.

The problem is, the classes required in C is not resolved into Eclipse project's class path for C when Resolve dependencies from workspace projects is checked. So m2e is not checking the local repository (which has the required jar). mvn compile from terminal for project C works fine.

Likewise, if Resolve dependencies is checked for project B, then no matter what I write into classifer, I don't get an error in Eclipse, that is, it does not check the repository for the classifier.
Would I have any trouble if I keep Resolve dependencies from workspace... unchecked? I'd like to run everything based on Maven anyway, for other teams who would use my code base and would not use Eclipse.
As a secondary question: am I getting something wrong here?

This is maven 3, with JDK 1.7 under 64 bit Ubuntu 12.04, using Eclipse Indigo.

Kind regards
Seref

Back to the top