Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [m2e-users] M2E Update Project issue

Hello again on this topic!

As mentioned earlier, I started refactoring some of our projects to
move the embedded dependencies into the target platform rather than
having them being reexported by some workspace projects. But finally I
reached a plugin, which actually is a fragment, carrying the Java-COM
bridge from the JACOB project
( This includes also a

Also included where some classes of ours. Looking at this project
setup, it felt pretty correct the way it is. As opposed to the other
examples, where we embedded libraries, just because it was easy, in
this case it felt right, as in fact this was an optional dependency,
if our product was running on windows systems and everything was
closely connected. Our code, as well as the jacob jar and the dll.

So looking from this perspective, I would like to refocus on the
situation, described by Dave, earlier.

I took the freedom to fork Jan Sievers' tycho-demo project in order to
quickly modify it the way our bundle is configured here. It is
completely without any maven-dependency-plugin preparations and such
and you can nicely reproduce the described behavior by simply
importing all the projects and then clicking "Maven->Update Project
Configuration" time after time on the project tychodemo.bundle.

Here is the link to my fork:

This is causing some trouble among those folks here, who have to
switch branches often, because the project setup would not survive a
branch-switch and a collective "Maven->Update Project Configuration"
will always fail in the first place, forcing one to find the failing
projects and do an extra "Update Config".

So if we could find a solution to this, we could make a lot of people
happy in my department.

Thanks for the great work and help!


Back to the top