Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
[m2e-users] New weird errors in pom.xml this morning, had to restart Eclipse to fix it

This morning I noticed that my Maven projects are giving me weird errors in my pom.xml file.  Two of them I hadn't changed recently, but the other I worked on yesterday, and it was fine.  I didn't change anything in the pom or the project config.

I'm using STS 2.8.1 (essentially Indigo), with m2e

In my pom.xml, the Problems view lists the following 4 problems:
Line: 1; Description: null
Line: 11; Description: Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile (execution: default-compile, phase: compile)
Line: 11; Description: Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:testCompile (execution: default-testCompile, phase: test-compile)
Line: 11; Description: Project configurator "com.springsource.sts.ide.maven.core.springProjectConfigurator" is not available. To enable full functionality, install the project configurator and run Maven->Update Project Configuration.

The description for that first one really is "null".  That's what it says in the Problems view.  Line 11 is just the first "plugin" element, for the "maven-compiler-plugin".  There's nothing surprising here.  It was fine yesterday, and the pom wasn't changed.  I have no idea what "the project configurator" is, but I think it's likely I already have it.

I've tried doing "Update Project Configuration", but it doesn't make any difference.

I'm getting almost exactly the same errors on another unrelated Maven project.  On that one I tried removing the maven nature and then re-adding it.  No difference.

I also tried running the Maven build for these two projects, and they both completed successfully.

I tried doing a "Project Clean".  No difference.

I tried removing the 4 error messages from the Problems view and doing a "Project Clean".  The 4 errors reappeared.

Finally, I exited and restarted Eclipse.  This fixed the problem.  Everything's fine now.  However, exiting and restarting Eclipse is something I avoid.  It takes perhaps 15-20 MINUTES to completely finish restarting on my Centrino2 Dell laptop.

Back to the top