[m2e-users] Need help with m2eclipse 0.13 + war:exploded

[moved from users@maven]

I'm using m2eclipse 0.13 from the /N/ update site, trying to achieve
one of the "holy grails" of integration: Google App Engine + Scala [+
Lift, optionally] + Eclipse with m2e. Solving this problem would be a
win for a whole lot of developers out there (and it might also make
more "vanilla" WAR packaging easier to describe, too).

Environment: Eclipse 3.6.2, Google Plugin for Eclipse 2.3.0beta1,
Scala IDE Plugin "wip-backport" nightly with 2.8.1 runtime, m2e 0.13
nightly as noted above.

I have all the necessary dependencies in the POM, including a
dependency on a sibling project, and compiling is just fine. To get
this to package up, I know I need a war:exploded layout (since GAE's
deployment will do its own archiving of <project>/war).

However, I don't know what to do to get the dependencies (the JAR
dependencies from the project's POM and the plain classes from the
sibling project) into war/. I note that the copy-dependencies goal is
explicitly disallowed with an error in m2e 0.13, so I'm not sure what
is now responsible for getting the dependencies into the WAR. Further,
I don't know how to tell Eclipse to make Maven actually do that at
some point before I deploy (since the Maven Builder is no longer
configurable at all in 0.13).

POM follows. Whether this is a plain Scala or Lift project, or even a
regular Java project, doesn't really matter; what's critical is
getting the dependencies into war/ for deployment.

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd";>
       <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
       <groupId>org.duh</groupId>
       <artifactId>duh-lifttest</artifactId>
       <packaging>war</packaging>
       <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>

       <properties>
       </properties>

       <build>
               <plugins>
                       <plugin>
                               <version>2.3.2</version>
                               <configuration>
                                       <source>1.6</source>
                                       <target>1.6</target>
                               </configuration>
                       </plugin>
                       <plugin>
                               <groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
                               <version>2.1.1</version>
                               <goals>
                                       <goal>exploded</goal>
                               </goals>
                       </plugin>
               </plugins>
               <outputDirectory>war/WEB-INF/classes</outputDirectory>
       </build>

       <dependencies>
               <dependency>
                       <groupId>net.liftweb</groupId>
                       <artifactId>lift-mapper_2.8.1</artifactId>
                       <version>2.3</version>
               </dependency>
               <dependency>
                       <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>