[m2e-users] FW: Overriding default m2eclipse preferences

Hi Folks,

I hope this is the right forum.  I was going to post to eclipse.technology.m2e but it looks like that one has been marked read-only recently.  If not, can you point me please?

I am using m2eclipe 0.12.x

We are a platform company and develop a set of tools for our users to build j2ee apps on that platform.  As such we are looking to embed m2eclipse in our tools (an rcp app and a set of plug-ins, installed from an update site into an eclipse instance) to give the developers and the build team a common infrastructure.

For a few reasons (that I can explain if you want more info) we need to override some of your default preferences – the location of the user settings.xml being the key one.

However, I have not been able to do this using either an org.eclipse.core.runtime.preferences extension, or in code or by using plugin customization (from the product definition).

I can’t see why it wouldn’t be possible?   It is just a standard eclipse preference right?  Can someone who knows more than me give me a pointer?

Cheers

_Paul

Back to the top