Re: [m2e-users] Having a Bad Week - eclipse sick

I don't believe that 'unused perspectives' eat anything interesting. I
do believe that those strange labels indicate that something, well,
strange, happened to your Eclipse, and I'm at a loss to characterize
what it might have been. But arbitrary giant squid may be swimming
below if that's the surface, at least as far as I know.

While I raised the possibility that you are suffering something
tangled up with your use of a copy of Windows with antique license
places, I certainly can't prove it from here. In general, M2E takes
one very complicated system (Eclipse) and plugs another very
complicated system (Maven) into the very same JVM. The two systems
have, in some areas, independent, big, complex, mechanisms for solving
related problems (class loading and artifact management, e.g.). I
applaud the efforts of the M2E team. I believe that some problems are
inevitable as they climb the hill. I decided to invest effort in using
M2E (and building some plugins) rather than adopting the orphan
maven-eclipse-plugin and making improvements to it. This choice hasn't
entirely worked out yet, but I retain hope.

Back to the top