Re: [m2e-users] Having a Bad Week - eclipse sick

Hello Steve,

I would like to test this a bit more. Could you provide me with more details?

Steve Cohen wrote:
and, sad to say, it's mostly because of the combination of m2eclipse, helios, subversive and the whole fracking mess.

Eclipse has become less and less usable. I don't know who's to blame, which plugin is the cause or whether it's the whole platform or some combination. Rare is the day of heavy development where Eclipse doesn't crash many times.

Every crash is different. Sometimes I have to delete the .lock file. Other times I don't. Other times I can't do it without killing processes.

Could you check if there are files named hs_err_pidXXXX.log in your working directory (your ECLIPSE_HOME probably)?
If so, could you attach any of them?

eclipse-jee-helios-SR2
m2eclipse, whatever the latest that's available today
subversive
hibernate plugin

Could you attach your configuration : Help>About Eclipse SDK>Installation Details>Configuration

There are still user interface actions that provoke crashes.

What actions are causing the crash? Editing pom.xml, cleaning the project, svn checkout/merge or something else.

Thanks,
Snjeza

Back to the top