Re: [m2e-users] Why does Maven along with m2eclipse successfully build a project with compile errors?

If you have Automatic build turned on, eclipse/jdt will compile any java class right after u save the file... and it will produce a .class file even for .java files with errors. That explains why the .class file is newer than the .java file.

As Igor said, that's how eclipse/JDT works.

Vlad