Re: [m2e-users] Is there a "canonical" pom example for a project that builds a war file and also works in eclipse wtp?

You should try out one of the numerous webapp archetypes out there.

Start with webapp-jee5 (or webapp-jee6) from codehaus. If you need more advanced setups, well google is your friend. Or type webapp in the maven project wizard page, as the name of the archetype.

If it can help you, I made a 5min video some time ago, to demo the use of archetypes in m2eclipse-wtp :
http://bit.ly/7NT1Vt

HIH

Fred Bricon