Re: [m2e-dev] Eclipse Code Recommenders and m2e 1.5

Hi,

> - Require-Bundle org.eclipse.m2e.maven.runtime 1.4 as an immediate
>   workaround

FYI, this solution seems straight-forward but doesn't work as smoothly
as one would hope. :-(

The big problem is that Require-Bundle imports everything -- including
stuff like javax.inject and com.google.inject which
o.e.m2e.maven.runtime for some reason exports. And this causes a
uses-conflict for us, as the bundles needing m2e classes also need to
depend on our own o.e.r.injection bundle which re-exports a different
javax.inject and com.google.inject.

And wiring (through Import-Package) o.e.r.injection to
org.eclipse.m2e.maven.runtime's javax.inject and com.google.inject
doesn't work, since AFAIK we need our own (i.e., Orbit's)
com.google.inject bundle since we attach two fragments to it:
com.google.inject.assistedinject and com.google.inject.multibindings.
And fragments require a *specific* host bundle; you cannot just attach
them to o.e.m2e.maven.runtime as well.

Previously, with us just importing the packages we were interested in
(org.sonatype.aether, org.apache.maven.*) this wasn't a problem. We
could still obtain our com.google.inject package from the bundle with
the same name. But with Require-Bundle, we have to obtain it from
o.e.m2e.maven.runtime.

Now, maybe changing the order of bundles in Require-Bundle would work,
although it seems a bit fragile. Either way, I'll give that a try.

Best wishes,

Andreas

--
Codetrails UG (haftungsbeschränkt)