From:        Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@xxxxxx>
To:        Lyo project developer discussions <lyo-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        2018/03/05 06:31 PM
Subject:        Re: [lyo-dev] Eclipse Lyo Trace/Debug Logging
Sent by:        lyo-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

There are no special docs on logging, you did everything right. There are a few things worth noting (I am partly responsible for that):

* Old Jena versions used to depend on log4j12, slf4j-api, slf4j-log4j12 (yep). So I have just excluded everything except slf4j-api. This might inadvertently impact your jena logging. You might need to use http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.slf4j/log4j-over-slf4jto see some extra Jena warnings (not tested, we have finished migration from 2.13 to 3.0.1 some time ago and now migrating to 3.6.0 to provide JSON-LD support and all problems are solved there).
* I just stumbled on some java.util.Logger imports in Lyo (btw, which version of lyo are you running?), so I might have not cleaned everything up (https://github.com/eclipse/lyo.core/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=java.util.Logging&type=). I would suggest trying jul-over-slf4j plus this code in the initialisation section:

        SLF4JBridgeHandler.removeHandlersForRootLogger();
        SLF4JBridgeHandler.install();
        java.util.logging.Logger.getLogger("").setLevel(Level.FINEST);

–Andrew.