[lyo-dev] Where to implement the resource's GET/POST/PUT methods?

Hi,

I am wondering where to best implement a given resource's GET/POST/PUT methods.

Using the OSLCWorkshop as a reference (Bugzilla adaptor implementation), the GET/POST/PUT methods for the BugzillaChangeRequest resource were implemented in the class BugzillaChangeRequestService. My understanding here is that this class (annotated @OslcService) is the implementation of an OSLC Service as illustrated in http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OslcCoreSpecification?sortcol=table;up=#Overview.

Now, this made sense since this service is the only service dealing with  BugzillaChangeRequest resources. And, this services does not handle any other resource type.

In a general case where a resource type is managed by more than one service, I wonder where to best place that resource's methods.  Or is it safe to assume that a resource type should be handled within a single service?

Regards,

----

Jad El-khoury, PhD

Mechatronics Lab, Department of Machine Design

Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)

S-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden

e-mail: jad@xxxxxx

Phone: +46(0)8 790 6877