Re: [lsp4e-dev] Integrating Ruby debugger

Just noticed that I did a "Reply" rather than "Reply list" on my previous message. Nevermind.

Anyway, I think I got to the bottom of the problem. The Readapt DAP apparently only supports communication over a network socket. And what I did not quite realise before digging into the LSP4E code is that when you use "setLaunchDebugAdapter", the communication is expected to happen over stdin/stdout.

I've opened a feature request here: https://github.com/castwide/readapt/issues/3

Of course, one workaround would be to start the Readapt process from within my plugin and then use "setAttachDebugAdapter" to connect over a socket. However, that adds complexity and I would have to handle port numbers carefully, so I'll first wait and see what the author responds.

Thanks,

Pierre-Yves