Re: [lsp4e-dev] Issue with code formatting in LSP4E in Eclipse 19-09

Have you tried Right-click > Format on your editor?

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 9:30 AM Ofterdinger, Markus <markus.ofterdinger@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi LSP4E-Community,

I’m facing an issue with the source code formatting support in LSP4E in Eclipse 19-09. Our CDS Language Server supports formatting cds files and propagates this feature to the LSP4E plugin. In the previous Eclipse Release 19-06 I was able to format the CDS files by pressing Cmd+Shift+F in the Generic Editor. This feature doesn’t work anymore in Eclipse 19-09. I’m using the same version of our CDS language server, but get different behavior.

In Eclipse 19-09 I don’t see any messages sent from LSP4E to language server to trigger the code formatting. In Eclipse 19-06 I can see those messages in the trace.

Does anybody else have the same problem with another language server? Does anybody know if there are some changes how to enable the code formatting feature in LSP4E and/or Generic Editor in 19-09.

Thanks for your help and replies,

Markus Ofterdinger, SAP SE