Re: [lsp4e-dev] Project types with LSP4E

Hello David:

I wrote the Eclipse Metals Eclipse plugin, because of the same problem you’re having right now.

Is there a way for the Metals LSP plugin to set the project type?

Currently, it requires to write code to support that, it’s not supported by the current version of the plugin.

If not do we need something like an LSP project which the LSP code can decorate to, in my case, Scala?

I think yes, but it’s not done yet.

I’ve give some thought to that idea that you propose but it requires, I think, to create a new project type in Eclipse using the available APIs. Also, it requires to be able to do the Import of the project, which I was planning to do using bloop.

I’m working on that, but it’s on my free time, so there is no timeline. Right now, my first goal is to have the same features that metals has on VS Code, which is almost done. The project is open source, so if you want, you can contribute to it on GitHub.

The alternative would be to enable something like the Sbt Eclipse plugin to mark the project as a particular type of project (in this case an SBT project) without having to provide code which does things the old way.

This can work, but in order for it to work it requires the new project type to be enabled, so, first we need the project type in the Metals Eclipse plugin.

I invite you to create an issue in https://github.com/scalameta/metals-eclipse to request the feature, so that I can consider it when deciding what to implement next.

Best regards,

--
Edmundo López B.