Re: [lsp4e-dev] window/showMessageRequest

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 1:32 PM Edmundo López B. <edmundo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I’m trying to implement window/showMessageRequest in my LSP client. I’ve found that it’s not implemented in the ServerMessageHandler class and is marked as TODO. So I have some questions:
  • Can I do it?
Of course ;)

  • Any hints or info that I need to take into account?

I think it's worth opening a bug about it, so we can have a more focused discussion on bug comments.
The first question I have in mind are "what's the best way to show those message? How does VSCode render them?".
  • If I do it, how long does it take to be released?
Next release is very soon: built and promoted on next Monday since it has to be aggregated for the Eclipse IDE Simultaneous Release on Wednesday night and we'd better take some margin.
After this upcoming release, we can re-release LSP4E whenever we want as long as it remains totally compatible with previous release, so just asking for a release can be enough to trigger one on the same or next day.

Thanks a lot for your help.

You're welcome.
Thanks in advance for your upcoming code contribution ;) Let's continue the technical discussion on a bugzilla ticket I let you create.

Back to the top