Re: [lsp4e-dev] How can I use several debuggers at once

My proposal is only an idea, I never tried anything like this and, fortunately ;), don't have need for it at the moment.

I think if you want your runtime to run everything in the same process and basically write some interpreter, then you're basically developing your own runtime and interpreter, which will require to develop your own debugger approach.
If you have one runtime that starts another for another language and so on, then you can simply start all your runtimes in debug mode and keep references to N debuggers and then make a Debug Adapter being a dispatcher over them.

For Java, there is already a Debug Adapter existing for VSCode, you can try to have a look at it. Whether it uses JDI or whatever is a black box from the IDE perspective if you're using the Debug Adapter, so it doesn't affect the client-side.

HTH

Back to the top