Re: [linuxtools-dev] TMF

Hi Xavier,

On 12-03-14 04:23 AM, Xavier Raynaud wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've one question again, about TMF, UST and CTF.
> As far as I know, UST (http://lttng.org/ust), just like lttng, will
> generates a trace in CTF format. (am I right ?)

Yes, UST 2.0 generates traces in CTF format, just like the kernel tracer.

> I've generated an UST trace (without kernel tracing).
> I would like to visualize this trace in eclipse. Is it possible ?
> What's the procedure to do that ?

1. Wait a month or two
2. Open your trace in TMF

;)

We are currently working on bringing CTF support to TMF. With the latest
unstable code it's currently possible to open a CTF trace and populate
the Events view and histogram, but it's still quite hackish. This should
get cleaned up and merged properly into Eclipse in the next few weeks.

Cheers,

--
Alexandre Montplaisir
DORSAL lab,