Re: [linuxtools-dev] CTF, LinuxTools, and LTTng 2.0

Hi Daniel,

It will, but not yet.
Some points.

* LTTng 2.0 uses CTF.
* LTTng 2.0 also uses a different state machine than LTTng 0.x.
* LTTng 2.0 will use the same views as LTTng 0.x but they need to be
updated.
* LTTng 2.0 uses a different control scheme than LTTng 0.x.

This leads to.

* The CTF support should be completed _soon_ (take that as a precise
time stamp)
* The other features are coming a bit later.

I can personally assure you that when LTTng 2.0 is supported, I will be
singing it from the highest towers.

I hope this clears things up, don't hesitate to follow up if you have
more questions.

---

Matthew