Re: [linuxtools-dev] 0.3 release date: August 5th/6th?

Hi,

* James Tait <james.tait@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2009-07-24 18:00]:
> Andrew Overholt wrote:
> > - eclipse-build (just yesterday we reached a huge milestone of being
> >   able to build the SDK with just ant so we'll for sure release this
> >   with 0.3)
>
> The whole announcement is great news, but I just wanted to pick up on
> this point in particular.  Am I to understand from this that it is now
> possible, or at least almost possible, to build Eclipse 3.5 from source
> with just an ant script?

It is.

> I'm just starting to get involved in an effort to clean up a 3.4
> package for inclusion in Ubuntu/Debian - if eclipse-build is in a
> usable state I'll point that out to the other interested parties as it
> could save us all a lot of duplicated effort.

I've mentioned this work to debian-java a few times and also to Doko.  I
was planning to make a more formal announcement in conjunction with
Linux Tools 0.3 and after we've had a week or two to make the process a
bit smoother (not that "./build.sh" or "ant -DbuildArch=<blah>" isn't
smooth :)

We really hope all distros work together on this and ensure we're all
building from the same source and with the same procedure and patching
things in one place if we need to.

Thanks,

Andrew

Back to the top