[leshan-dev] COAP payload header flag 'C8' to indicate that a resource is of type string

Hi,

I have a Wakaama client talking to leshan server.

I am looking at the COAP messages on the Leshan UI. I have attached a screenshot.

My question is – where (in either the client or server) is the ‘C8’ header flag set to indicate that the resource is of type string?

For example when I read the manufacturer resource in the device object there is a ‘C8’ header flag at the beginning of the COAP payload when you view the messages on the Leshan UI.

My issue is that, I have created a new resource of type string in the object device but it is returning asci characters on the leshan UI and there is a ‘C4’ header flag at the beginning of the COAP payload.

Thank you

John

Intel Research and Development Ireland Limited
Registered in Ireland
Registered Number: 308263