Re: [leshan-dev] [cf-dev] REST Connector for CF

Hi,

I don't think the proxy will work as the devices will not generate the HTTP message. Please have a look and let me know if I am wrong.

It is all because of the Non IP support of the 3GPP NBIOT. All these devices will not have an IP address. These devices will communicate using Data Over NAS. Now, when the CoAP message generated by the device reaches SCEF(Service Capability Exposure Function 3GPP TS 23682), it will post the received CoAP message over HTTP REST to the CoAP server. So, what I am worried here is when SCEF  posts the CoAP message to over HTTP, how will it do. The entire CoAP message will be sent as a HTTP payload.
Now, how will the message structure look like?

[3GPP-TS_24.301] defines the transport of user data via the control plane procedure. Two dedicated NAS messages are specified for transferring small data via the MME, see CONTROL PLANE SERVICE REQUEST message and ESM DATA TRANSPORT message in 3GPP [3GPP-TS_24.301]. For initiation of user data transport via the control plane the CONTROL PLAN SERVICE REQUEST message is used which may include ESM DATA TRANSPORT message in its IE “ESM message container”. After the initiation of user data transport via control plane the separate ESM DATA TRANSPORT messages may be used for further transport of user data.

CoAP messages are placed into the IE “User data container” of the ESM DATA TRANSPORT message.

In case DTLS is used the same applies to the DTLS messages.

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 5:30 PM, Hudalla Kai (INST/ESY1) <Kai.Hudalla@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2017-02-10 at 23:12 +0530, Santos Das wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for transporting COAP message as a HTTP payload.

Is there a particular reason why you want to do that? CoAP has been designed as a
 "lightweight, binary" alternative to HTTP following similar paradigms like the
GET, POST, PUT etc semantics and headers (options in CoAP). My advice would be to
use the HTTP proxy to "bridge" between CoAP and HTTP ...