[kura-dev] Apache PLC4X Integration?
  • From: Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 10:56:06 +0000
  • Accept-language: de-DE, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=c-ware.de; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=c-ware.de; dkim=pass header.d=c-ware.de; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=NPO3GSEHfUT4koqCAmChBb99aqNwjXrWkylEIWTxLJ0=; b=AMhpBmb30C/KHD3Ckd9M+GCxOxo+pN40QpTmT8c40twv9mqIa4VIgwOv2G1j1lkkCiY61TTeRGTXVQiAr+105vybHSzngPCjYsbnikzFPqL7x27hsBURPu3094k/nskcyAqF5EF0fdmqSdVOpSuChMpGA5DHlF0dbkpyqcrzB7Q3obpjPla3sX+Kw0F7Kwko4rFvkQylblbgtuVPpoU7johhGiL90jVDXktwLJmWnHpDjRqkGK4uvnzLVyygwqwFSlM7ClnpXql4VCZqIuVP0XCRzmoRbYei5cfkPicRH9rg3DRRnulSU6LmHPHQ9GGAIlJO2I45M0NzZgMcFLE1ew==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=ibU/9E79okj/TAps8Q/V6FeFeJyLznxR5BPeQtvus1FjlZ4qR59+iMXgHVSg1XeJ6Ba19DPgW9mfdA4cWuU/bqy7lDpyH/jEWUa3SSBtF6sBsNhOzCkuKGdpdnsj34jIgS1s9lmykQb5IxbQBycVFljOWKRfULYjEAzUjfNpoZ8PZFD8qEQIExnQ+8jRmnmL0dP3TtVibDpJjCnoBLMiaQY/H5nKF4zdJtoJhzR1wNGUZRxvMRacj6Uxm/8bD6zL/sPzfrpGdyzEDXJIxOHdXxKq7mQFCWrvas0hLEzymZWBJfHC+80W0ayLDIW9kxDU+drpblEDa/BCO0BN1I5ByA==

Hi all,

please let me introduce myself first: I am Christofer Dutz, the
initiator and VP of the Apache PLC4X project.

For the past years I have always thought that Eclipse Kura would be a
perfect candidate for a PLC4X integration. I tried reaching out to the
community, but was unable to seed any interest in joining forces for
such an integration.

So I will be working on this myself. I would however be happy with
anyone willing to help with this as I am completely new to Kura and the
way Eclipse projects seem to be built (I have seen that Maven is being
used, but in a very strange way that prevents me from running it in a CI
environment and makes it difficult to develop in anything but the
Eclipse IDE) ... is there any reason for not using a standard maven build?

With such a PLC4X integration, Kura could profit from access to the
following devices using the following protocols:
- Allen-Bradley ETH
- Beckhoff ADS/AMS
- BACNet/IP
- CANopen
- DF1
- EtherNet/IP
- Firmata
- KNXnet/IP
- Modbus
- OPC-UA
- S7

I am currently working on implementing a PROFINET Master driver. But
this list is usually steadily growing over time. Currently it's slowed
down a bit as we're currently bringing existing driver to other
languages such as Go and C and the community is also working on C#/.Net,
C++ and Python versions.

Also are we currently working hard on implementing auto-discovery for
some of the drivers (Scan your network and automatically find devices)
as well as "browse" features (Which resources does a device I'm
connected to have to offer?).

So if anyone is interested in helping me with getting this integration
module, I'd be very happy for some help.

Chris

Back to the top