Re: [kura-dev] Kura and mToolkit

I agree with your view on DP. But that is what Kura currently uses. The idea is to provide a Karaf variant of Kura in the future. That would help.

In the meantime I made an OSGi DP maven bundle which ... I would say ... works quite nice ;-)

We are currently working on providing Java 8 for Kura in order to use other things which require Java 8. There already is a "proof-of-concept" branch at my repository [1]. However this only works on a Raspberry PI 2 at the moment due to a change in the handling of native libraries. I will wrap that up though for the remaining libraries.

In the open project call yesterday we discussed about the idea of having Equinox 3.8.1 and 3.11.0 in parallel for a few releases. So that new functionality could make use of Java 8, while old stuff can still be tested with Equinox 3.8.1. That could be something which could be in Kura sooner than the path to Karaf.

So depending on your definition of "fairly soon" that could mean yes and no ;-)

Cheers

Jens