Re: [kura-dev] Kura and mToolkit

Hello David,

I don't think there is much more progress on OSGi DP in general. The "new way to go" is OSGi subsystems. [1]

I don't know if I am "skilled", but I definitely did manage to write a bunch of Eclipse Plugins and other SWT/RCP/Platform based tools.

But I also agree with Cristiano, reinventing the wheel is not a good idea. But forking mToolkit seems troublesome for me as well. It is a rather complex thing, an just "taking it over" may be a bit too much. I would rather invest that time in getting OSGi subsystems ready and take on tooling in that area. There you may have the chance to get others involved as well.

Jens

[1] http://aries.apache.org/modules/subsystems.html