Da: kura-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <kura-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> per conto di Jens Reimann <jreimann@xxxxxxxxxx>
Inviato: giovedì 25 agosto 2016 14.26.13
A: Kura Developers mailing list
Oggetto: [kura-dev] Kura on Equinox 3.11.0

Hi,

did make a port of Kura to Equinox 3.11.0 [1]. This also upgrades Jetty to 9.3.x.

This upgrade requires a switch to Java 8 and also triggers issue #476 [2]. Beside that it seems to work.

In issue #476 it seems to me that Kura make used of a bug in Equinox which allowed to define filters based on system properties, where OSGi only allows "launching properties". So all filter rules evaluate to "false" and no native libraries will be found anymore.

Since Equinox now uses the Apache Felix resolver, I would guess we have the same issue here. Karaf currently uses Equinox 3.10 when run with Equinox. So if we are using Karaf with Felix or Equinox, we will probably have the same issue.

I made a simple workaround using fragments. This allows to pick the right bundle/fragment when assembling/installing. In the terms of Kura this means the "distrib" project.

Cheers

Jens

[1] https://github.com/ctron/kura/tree/feature/equinox_neon_1
[2] https://github.com/eclipse/kura/issues/476

--
Jens Reimann
Senior Software Engineer / EMEA ENG Middleware

Red Hat GmbH, www.de.redhat.com,
Managing Directors: Paul Argiry, Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael O'Neill

Back to the top