Re: [kura-dev] Paho bundle

Hi Linda,

We introduced a security framework into Kura with the 1.3.0 release. Part of this framework allows users to sign Kura bundles if they choose to implement this feature. Since signing adds overhead to the build process, we tried to consolidate the number of bundles where possible.

We assume that most users of Kura are only accessing Paho through Kura services which reside in org.eclipse.kura.core. For this use case, Paho doesn’t need to reside in its own bundle. If you are using Paho differently, and this is affecting your project, please file an issue [1] for us to review.

Thanks,
--Dave