Re: [kanto-dev] Kanto Request for Industry-specific Extensions

On 2023-09-01 2:34 p.m., Carlton Bale via kanto-dev wrote:

Kanto Devs,

I just submitted a related issue on the Kanto Github for this request.

By any chance you could please share a link to the issue? I poked around but failed to find it. Thanks.

Kanto is an ideal match for the IoT software stack we need for the Commercial Vehicle edge device market. I understand that Kanto is intended to be a generic set of capabilities that work across industries. It would be great if Kanto had the option to have thoughtfully-integrated, industry-specific capabilities that could be optionally included as needed.

This is a formal request to consider adding industry-specific extensions that enable industry-specific contributions. For Commercial Vehicle (and Automotive in general), the focus would beĀ  standardized and secure CAN datalink access extensions and standardized application interfaces and message formatting extensions.

Thank you!

--

Mike Milinkovich

Executive Director | Eclipse Foundation AISBL

mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@mmilinkov

+1.613.220.3223 (m)

Back to the top