Re: [kanto-dev] Yocto integration of Kanto's components
  • From: "Gramatova Dr. Konstantina (IOB/PAD-PM1)" <Konstantina.Gramatova@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 12:55:34 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=bosch.io; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=bosch.io; dkim=pass header.d=bosch.io; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=SNhCdQQGIjakL+ksffWX9TwHPODDZaKIJTDaK6GSPYs=; b=Ab8X/Xpk3yUZ5v/rqPNvfEbkwKj4+zvk5e261//mm7hqgrMe+GL4B5eSNyBsuarZo8Bynx4m7/ywwGEvs9IBWFFtDdDlOuGm33wZckDQx+3X49XBSPpBojftRRlZBa5OI4usRD77q0CGAQbchWojBdUpOGXopUSHbqjj/rG/GAh2FMWPGKdZlsHgEIXvNJReWipx8HsEo+Jn0tphr+jHprauf7KOrZExPX8nQUT2cBZby+HWtlBjEfFQGorXz07VNQtMgp9Siqoe3asx5WJkqvZ7GMv5SPj4SizezyYYV/olC1qPN7X93Zxm2MDui28QqFUCnAam5eFyvxWJm2fFHw==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=m15MDrYqs69kVj+peqsSAn993qTSJ/bXonSgL1o/kTIRD5p3xnm1jHJyPhMnZ57Qf2NTkmvoN46Op+mLfFPwAN0zjWi667VxTXu77dWGvxjOM+Y9Ip/jXhbVT8YCRGOUgl054XSfm+v2CpuQXNHGmhI9ACYx/AFdxvSAfUbSeh+4/S+AaWc/CRCX7hfJdXaP1RnY4jZz500KC1r58urKgY/ToDnH9WGgqk20Ffb5tw/LWPKBa8rwudJ7ZjOZ014WyHAZQqESzrvagdgB6Y+thX1/jFln1IHu5mziiF3aUbdbjGJRJiZKhet1CAzKPFJtLbTwTR2ZC1NBEqdgcG8VYA==

Hi Andrei!

Thank you for the input and please accept our apologies for the late response!

The Yocto integration of Kanto is currently an ongoing work on our side but still – I can give you a heads-up regarding what we are aiming for there. The goal is to provide a single meta layer (e.g. meta-kanto) that will include a recipe per building block (e.g. recipes-connectivity/suite-connector_git.bb, recipes-containers/container-management_git.bb, etc. ) alongside an .inc file per recipe for flexibility.

As it is still an ongoing work, unfortunately, there is still no official user documentation in the Kanto website. Nevertheless, as the Bosch IoT Edge Agent is a basis we are open sourcing as part of Kanto, you can take a look at its user documentation and the approach that we took there a while ago. The one for Kanto will be similar with regards to structure of the layer with the difference that all recipes will be built from the source that is now available in the respective public GitHub repos in Kanto.

Please, let us know if we can provide further information regarding the layer and/or a specific recipe upfront so that we can enable you in your PoC experience until we get the layer publicly available!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Dr. Konstantina Gramatova

(IOB/PAD-DDM-ES3)
Bosch.IO GmbH | Ziegelei 7 | 88090 Immenstaad | GERMANY | www.bosch.io
Tel. +359 2 9055876 | Mobile +359 883 472547 | Fax +359 2 95326-17 | Konstantina.Gramatova@xxxxxxxx

Registered Office: Berlin, Registration Court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Stefan Koss; Managing Directors: Dr. Andreas Nauerz, Yvonne Reckling