Re: [jwt-dev] [soa-pmc] SOA Projects

Dear Oliver,

(forwarding also to the jwt-dev mailing list, because it can be of interest there)

Le 07/08/2017 à 20:49, Oliver Kopp a écrit :
Dear Marc and Christian,

as said on its website http://www.eclipse.org/jwt/ :
Eclipse JWT (Java Workflow Tooling) aims at providing design time, development time and runtime workflow tools. It also fosters interoperability between Business Process Management (BPM) platforms and integration in Information Systems thanks to Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).

I also checked https://www.eclipse.org/jwt/pages/about.php and I really like the JBI integration. Apache ODE used to have it, but dropped it. I think, JBI was a nice idea. - Is it possible to be more concrete in the section "What JWT proposes"? - There is much "will be" in there 😇
I agree, this has not been updated in a long time.
But all features that JWT currently provides are detailed in "New and Noteworthy" pages, as I've said, available from the Download page, and summed up in its Overview section :
https://wiki.eclipse.org/JWT_Downloads#Overview

Could you say a few words on "adaptable framework for different graphical representations and XML notations." I would especially like to know the relation to WS-BPEL, XPDL and BPMN 2.0.
Summed up :
workflows can be displayed using UML AD, EPC or BPMN2 graphical notation, as show screenshots. Smile (formerly Open Wide) has written an XPDL export that works on Bonita 5 (all packaged together in the http://scarbo.ow2.org product). The University of Augsburg has written a transformation to BPEL, packaged in their own AgilPro product.

Again, everything is linked from the Download page. Sorry, I won't be able to get into more details, because I'm almost on holidays (which is good) and overworked (which is bad).

Best regards,
Marc

As far as I know, Stardust supports XPDL only for import and export (work by the Bamberg group, which also brought ust https://peace-project.github.io/index.html), although their internal model supports many constructs of BPMN 2.0.

Cheers,

Oliver