Re: [jwt-dev] Semantic annotation of business process models

Hi Ahmed

First a warm welcome to the JWT community !

The simplest way to add custom information on a JWT process model is by using custom properties, see here (read the previous parts also) :
http://wiki.eclipse.org/JWT_Metamodel_Extension#Setting_up_simple_.28key-value.29_additional_model_extensions
You can for example design a custom property "Semantic annotation" of type String (actually containing semantic info, like OWL XML...) that can be added to any element.

In addition, if you need to get it "out" of JWT, for instance to execute it on a process engine, you then need to write or enrich a transformation towards your chosen business process format. JWT already has several transformations, as well as a stub project in order to help creating your own, see in the svn here :
http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/soa/org.eclipse.jwt/trunk/transformations/
For instance if you want to have it as an XPDL business process that is executable on the Bonita 4 engine, you can copy-paste the existing XPDL transformation and add some XSL scripting that uses your semantic annotations, for example to enrich said XPDL process.

Hope that gives you some ideas !

Best regards,
Marc