Re: [jta-dev] Enhancement of the @Transactional Annotation

Hi,

Sounds useful to me indeed. Thanks for starting this.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

On Sun, Dec 4, 2022 at 4:44 PM Benedict Eisenkrämer <benedict@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello there,

I am new to this mailing list so maybe a few short words to myself first: I am a Software Engineer in Germany responsible for our JavaEE, soon to be JakartaEE framework. I am quiet interested in  JakartaEE and its development.

The topic I would like to discuss is the enhancement of the @Transactional Annotation for JakartaEE 11. A good template would be the Spring specific Annotation of the same name which supports among other things :

  • Isolation levels
  • timeout
  • readOnly

I already found a issue on github regarding the Topic, which unfortunately has not seen any attention given to it since 2016. So I wanted to spark a discussion.

In my opinion these enhancement could be quiet helpful.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Benedict Eisenkrämer