Re: [jta-dev] Definition of active?

On Mon, 14 Nov 2022 at 15:21, Laird Nelson <ljnelson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 7:00 AM Tom Jenkinson <tom.jenkinson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"A transaction is associated with the target object and it is in the active state. An implementation returns this status after a transaction has been started and prior to a Coordinator issuing any prepares, unless the transaction has been marked for rollback."

Thanks. So "an implementation" is really something like "an implementation of Transaction#getStatus(), TransactionManager#getStatus(), UserTransaction#getStatus() and TransactionSynchronizationRegistry#getTransactionStatus()", i.e. there is no difference in the semantics of the status codes returned by these methods, correct?

I would intrerpret that the "implementation" refers to a compatible implementation of the Jakarta Transactions specification. A compliant implementation would cover implementations of those specific methods you referred to and I expect implementations of those methods should be consistent.